Big and tall office chairs are classified by weight. A lot of these types of chairs can accommodate an individual weighing 400lbs. Some chairs can carry weight up to 500lbs. This means that this chair is built to be extra durable, because most standard chairs are easily subjected to wear and tear more quickly than big and tall chairs or heavy duty chairs.
Big and tall chairs have better dimensions and seat sizes than standard chairs. They too are deeper and much wider. If you are looking into getting one for yourself or for the workplace, be sure to check out and compare the prices, especially the specs of the chair before buying. It really makes no sense jamming yourself into a small chair when you can easily sit comfortably in a bigger one.
The best advice for selecting a big and tall chair is to look for one with abundant features especially for its adjustability. A good office chair will let you adjust all its features - back, armrests, height, and tilt should be adjustable to ensure comfort. According to recent statistics, an average worker normally spends 75 to 80 percent of the day sitting. This is not good, since according to chiropractors, prolonged sitting applies pressure to your spine. The chances of developing neck or back pain increases if you sit on a chair that cannot be adjusted.
If you happen to weigh more than most people, you are likely to compress the chair's padding even more. Just think about what happens to your behind after sitting on a standard chair for hours. Most probably you will feel as if you are sitting on concrete. One of the advantages of having big and tall office chairs is that they have thicker cushioning or padding than standard chairs. Again, it's wise to double check on the specs before making a purchase.
Here are more benefits of having big and tall chairs:
1. They have mesh fabrics, which greatly adds to your comfort. With mesh fabrics, your body heat will reduce significantly by 70 percent allowing extra airflow to the cushion.
2. Big and tall chairs have adequate lumbar support, readily adjustable with depth and height control.
3. Provides ample support to your spine. The chair should make you feel comfortable and confident enough that it's durable to support your weight. Have you ever heard weird creaking noises whenever you recline or lean on a standard office chair?
4. Heavy duty office chairs normally have quality rollers or casters. The rollers used for this type of chair are wider. This is a great feature especially if you have plush carpets. Wide rollers will prevent you from sinking in deep, allowing for greater mobility. Some office chares are built in such a way that there will be no need for a plastic carpet mat.
5. Big and tall office chairs provides the perfect angle to minimize back pain -- 135 degrees, especially the ones built and manufactured with good quality.